Getting started

I usually wake up in the morning, check my e-mail and Facebook, get ready, log back into Facebook, make comments as appropriate while I eat my breakfast, and piddle my morning away reading about the minutiae of my friends' lives.

This morning I couldn't do that. It's day one of my Facebook Fast. I started reading chapter 1 of Phillipians trying to decide if I think I could begin to memorize it within the next few weeks. I think I can, at least some of it. I'm going to continue working on that.

I've plopped down at my desk a few times and opened a new window, like I normally would if I wanted to check in with the Facebook world. I've been a little at a loss as to where to go if I can't turn to Facebook. I've read a devotional on Proverbs 31. I registered for a new diet plan at Self magazine's website. I browsed Freecycle. I've graded papers, worked on lesson plans, cleaned off my desk.

Hmm...it's just 9:45. I'm going to  have to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Comments

Popular Posts