The Shadow of Your Wings

For whatever reason, I'm a tad cranky this morning. I'm overwhelmed at work. I had a meeting at 7:15 this morning that will likely result in added work. I am behind in grading and planning (again). I have a gillion responsibilities that I need to tend to here, and I'm just not really motivated to get these things done. The test scores will be out soon and I'm worried about them. Our faculty meeting yesterday stressed me out. I feel that I will never accomplish all the things I need to do, and if I do get them done, I won't have done them well enough to please the powers that be.

It is hard for me to write this morning. My heart is heavy with worries and my mind is feeling fuzzy from lack of focus. So, I turned to the Psalms. That's what I do when I get all bogged down. I love Third Day's song, "Your Love Oh Lord." It comes from Psalm 36. That's what I read this morning. Here's my favorite part:

"5 Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds. 6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths.
You care for people and animals alike, O Lord. 7 How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. 8 You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your river of delights. 9 For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see.

10 Pour out your unfailing love on those who love you; give justice to those with honest hearts.
11 Don’t let the proud trample me or the wicked push me around. 12 Look! Those who do evil have fallen! They are thrown down, never to rise again (New Living Translation)."

Even when I am feeling low, when I feel discouraged, when I feel persecuted, when I am afraid, I can cling to God's unfailing love. What a spectacular promise!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so touched by this, Elly! I am so lucky to have your positive energy in my life! Hang in there - we've almost earned our first break. There will be lots more time for the ones we love most. And an opportunity to renew ourselves! -Karin
Elly Gilbert said…
Aww! Thanks for reading and for such a wonderful comment!!!
Jan Murray said…
Amen ! thank You!

Popular Posts