Things I'm thankful for, #1


Things I’m Thankful for…

Us in 2009, in the middle of a tough battle with Crohn's disease.
November 1: My husband, John

November is a special month for my husband and me. We met on November 13, 1998 on a blind date. We’ve been going strong ever since. I considered waiting until November 13 to make him my “thankful thing,” but I figured that he should probably top my list, not fall somewhere in the middle.

I’m really not sure where to begin with John. He’s the most patient and loving person I know. He gives and gives and never expects anything in return. He has tolerated me- no, he has abided with me- through some difficult physical and emotional times related to my Crohn’s disease.

He is my number one fan and encourages me to do things that I am too afraid to try on my own. When I began considering a new job, he assured me that the changes in our income mattered far less than my health, wellbeing, and happiness.

He is a phenomenal father to our children. He loves to play and cuddle with them, and he leads them on righteous paths through his Godly example.

Our marriage may not be perfect, but it is solid and strong, built on love and friendship, and rooted in our faith. We complement one another well. I’m the one who finds fault, and John always has a positive word. I cook, he eats-and cleans up! I get bent out of shape, and John is able to make sense out of chaos.

I’m awfully glad he’s mine!

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts