The days are coming...

Jeremiah 23:5-6 says  “The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will raise up for David[a] a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: The LORD Our Righteous Savior."

I am NOT good at waiting, and I don't dare pray for patience for fear that God will challenge me to wait through something that is really hard for me. I can't imagine living in wait for a Savior, like the Jews in Jeremiah's time. They were scattered all over and they were waiting, impatiently like I would, for their King to come to restore them to their homeland. They believed the false prophets, followed after teachings that sounded good but weren't true, and walked a fine line that was leading straight toward destruction. Nope, not the life I'd like to lead!

Every Advent season, we prepare our hearts to be renewed with the excitement of the season and the anticipation of His birth. Like children, we wait and watch for signs of his coming. How fortunate for us that the day of the King has already come! He reigns wisely in our hearts and gives shelter, hope, and salvation to those who will accept Him. The wait is over!

Comments

Popular Posts