Checking in!

On Monday, I posted a very ambitious list of goals. It stressed me out Monday because I was so focused on accomplishing my goals that I failed to focus on relaxing and taking care of myself. I refocused a little, and now I am feeling back on track, but not quite so stressed out!

Here is how I'm doing:
1. Go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week. Not yet.
2. Try Zumba Not yet.
3. Cook every day! And freeze things too. YES!
4. Clean out all the closets and get rid of things that don't fit/aren't worn. Mine is done! Kids next!
5. Get rid of 25 "things" that I don't want/like/need/use anymore. I've done more than 25, but I have lost count! One huge storage bin of books and magazines to half price books, removed one old item of clothing for every new one I purchased, and cleaned out the kids' downstairs toy bins. Much more to go!
6. Cut out soda all together. None yesterday or today!
7. Blog everyday. Tried yesterday but couldn't log on. Two out of three days....not so bad!
8. Read my Bible everyday. Yes, but not as much as I would like.
9. Deep clean every room. No deep cleaning, just decluttering at this point.
10. Take care of dental and doctor appointments I've been putting off. One down, several to go!

All things considered, this is decent progress for three days of break. I need to remember to keep this break balanced...work some, play some, rest some! I need to celebrate the little things so that I am encouraged to accomplish the big ones.

One thing that I have tried to focus on is simplifying. Our family does not need all this "stuff." It doesn't make us happy. It smothers us. Our home would be so much happier if we didn't have so much unnecessary stuff to distract us. That's my priority right now...creating and maintaining a happy, healthy home.

Comments

Popular Posts