Adopting a new mantra this week.

As much as I've hoped it might, the clock has not frozen today. Time marches on, and tomorrow will bring the first day of a new quarter of school. I'm still not adequately prepared but I'm working on it. I've pulled my head out of the sand.

In order to prepare myself for what lies ahead, I've adopted a new mantra to repeat when times get tough this week. It is Galatians 6:9, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

I'm not giving up on my prayer that God will reveal the middle of the puzzle to me. I'm still sure that there's something at work that I'm not noticing because I can't see past the nose on my face. So, instead of letting this get me down and depressed and wallowing in the woe that is me, I'm going to focus on the verse. I won't become weary in doing good because AT THE PROPER TIME,  I will reap a harvest if I don't give up.

Did you notice what I noticed? AT A PROPER TIME. That doesn't mean by midnight tonight. Or by June 10. It means in HIS time. And to a God of eternal proportions, my timeline is pretty minuscule. Who knows, maybe tomorrow, as much as I dread it, will bring something to light that makes this puzzle make more sense. I just have to keep my eyes open and focused on Him, not on me.

God is good, all the time. Even when I'd really like Him to hurry it up, He is good!

Comments

Stacey said…
Wonderful post and so needed. You inspire me. Thank you for your ministry through this blog. ((hugs))

Popular Posts