Reading update

Since my last post about reading, I've been a bit of a slug. I've only finished two books... I'm a little sad about that, but whatever. I can only do so much, you know!

Julie and Julia by Julie Powell....a memoir about the year-long attempt to cook and blog her way through Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I liked it, I guess. I thought she used the f-word a little much. It didn't rock my world or anything, but it did make me think...where do people come up with these ideas?

Rainwater by Sandra Brown. I love me some Sandra Brown. You can usually count on some steamy scenes and lots of trash. Not in Rainwater. It was a tender tale about a depression-era single mom of an autistic child. No graphic sex. Not one single f-bomb that I recall. Whew. What a shocker! I loved it. Nothing revolutionary, but it was a good read.

Currently re-reading The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, both with my classes. Loving Mango Street! I'm planning to get in on The Magician's Apprentice by Ann Patchett soon. Oh, and I'm reading a book called The Second Oldest Profession: An Informal History of Moonshining in America by Jess Carr. For real.

Comments

Popular Posts