Elly Review A SPARK OF LIGHT BY Jodi Picoult

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult

Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite writers. I have read all of her books and I am never disappointed. A Spark of Light was no exception. I gave this one a solid 5 stars!

Picoult never shies away from controversy in her books. A Spark of Light centers around a shooting at an abortion clinic in the deep south. She masterfully weaves in different points of view and does a beautiful job of addressing all angles of a difficult issue. Ultimately, Picoult’s pro-choice views are pretty clear, but she isn’t overbearing or condescending. She introduces realistic characters who struggle with difficult decisions and the consequences that result.

I encouraged readers to approach this book with an open mind. Picoult’s skill at humanizing her characters, even the ones with whom we vehemently disagree, always generates reflection and a healthy debate, even with one’s own preconceptions.

Comments

Popular Posts