Advent Musings

It's that time of year when we prepare our hearts for the coming of the Christ Child. In years past, I have foud myself spending this blessed time being sad, angry, depressed, and resentful. The obligations placed on me by the world have overtaken the joy extended to me through the miracle of Jesus. I'm making a pointed effort this year NOT to allow myself to become distracted by the busy-ness and the materialism. I refuse to lose sight of true generosity and hospitality. This year, I'm changing the tone of the season at my house. Gifts should be heartfelt and not given out of obligation. I shouldn't attend functions that I don't want to attend...my time should be spent anticipating the wonder of Christmas, not dreading the drudgery.

So, my pledge this Advent season is a renewed focus on the true meaning of the season. I'm aiming for daily posts on this topic, along with practical ways I'm going to make this real in my life.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts