Praying in Color

Last week, I stumbled across a book at Cokesbury entitled Praying in Color by Sybil MacBeth. You can check out her website in the link above to get a gist of the book, which I devoured in one sitting. I had been searching for a way to enrich my prayer life, and by enrich, I mean keep me awake while I pray. This is it. I'm not much of an artist, but I do like to doodle, which is the premise of Praying in Color. I've been keeping a journal and adding to it as I continue to pray for people and things in my life. I've enjoyed adding this new dimension to my prayer life.

I haven't been blogging regularly since the spring, but I hope to get back into it soon. I've felt very spiritually confused and disconnected, as I have posted before. I'm getting back on track, though. It's been a tough process, though. Lots of spiritual "pruning" involved, some of which has been painful. I appreciate my friends, though. Those of you who have been praying for me, who have encouraged me, who have supported me. I pray that you'll see some changes in me as I continue to yield to God's calling on my life. My heartfelt desire is to commit my whole self to God. Pray for me as I listen to Him and learn to say yes to Him.

Comments

Popular Posts