Light

I like light. First thing I do when I get up in the morning is turn on all the lights. I mean ALL the lights...I flip all the switches, turn on the table lamps, and, at this time of year, I click the button to light up the Christmas tree. I just don't like it to be dark if I'm awake. I'll come into the kitchen and find that my husband has made coffee by the light over the sink, the dimmest bulb in the room. I don't get it! I can't see!!! How can he?

Our Advent memory verse has been John 8:12, which says "Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life." What a  great promise. Follow him and you won't stumble in the darkness. No more tripping over obstacles you can't see. He clearly illuminates the way.

Comments

Popular Posts