Summer!

After what seemed like a never ending school year, summer has arrived and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I've been working on my curriculum for next year, which, despite sounding really awful, is kind of fun...in a geeky way. Audrey is staying home with me this summer, and we've had some good times already. Yesterday, we went for pedicures! It is nice to get to spend some time with her before she becomes a kindergartner.

The boys are, well, boys. Still working on the potty training. Sam threatened to kill his preschool teacher last week. He's having a rough time. Jack is swimming, more or less, and he is obsessed with Buzz Lightyear.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Hooray. Next week is our tenth wedding anniversary. It's hard for me to imagine that ten years have passed, but look at all we've accomplished. We've owned three homes, had three children, joined three churches (seriously, three must be a big deal for us...), survived a bad bout with Crohn's disease and subsequent colon surgery, advanced in our jobs, done some very minor traveling, and had a lot of very happy times. Hopefully, the best is still to come.

We're taking a quick weekend trip back to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC over the Fourth of July holiday. That's where we honeymooned...it is beautiful, relaxing, and has awesome food. Now, there's a spa that wasn't there ten years ago. I think we're both a LOT more stressed than we were back then, so the spa is a definite plus.

I've been reading, but don't have any reviews to publish...I finished PUSH by Sapphire (the novel on which the movie Precious was based), am in the midst of Reading Lolita in Tehran and Nickel and Dimed in America. Reading Lolita is kind of strenuous, so I alternate. I finished Adam and Eve by Sena Jeter Naslund and need to get a review ready for Kentucky Monthly. I might have read some more stuff in there, but I don't really remember...I'd have to look!

Well, I have one baby asleep, one who needs holding, and one who wants to watch a movie with me, and I've exhausted my fountain of updates for one night. Hopefully, I'll get some rest and come back from vacation ready to write some awesome stuff. Yeah, right!

Comments

Popular Posts