Trying to create!

So a couple weeks ago, I went to an awesome workshop that inspired me to write more. I've been trying my hand at journal keeping and then mining through my journal for things I might want to write about. I came up with this. Now, don't go assuming it's about me, folks. It's a piece of creative writing. I'm taking a different persona here. It's not GREAT, but is a start. It makes me want to write more.

"Surrender"

I wake
To the ordinary
Start of a never ending
Cycle
A not so merry go round

I march
To the steady
Beat of a drum measuring
Time
That is not my own

I answer
To the ceaseless
Demands of the diminutive dictators
Forces
Of the nature I created

I grant
To the greedy
Hands of the small seekers
All
That I have to give

Comments

Megan said…
You rock, Elly! It's great!!! :)

Popular Posts