Still alive

Technically, I am still among the living. I mean, I have a pulse and normal respiration. There is no real reason for my three month absence from the blogosphere. It's kind of like exercise...you miss a day, it makes it easier to miss another, and so on.

So, I'm biting the bullet and hopping back in.

Not a whole lot has occurred or changed in my extremely glamorous life. My kids are growing like weeds. They've developed an affection for The Rolling Stones. Sam requests "Start Me Up" every morning on the way to school. Audrey's tastes are more diverse than the boys. She's into Led Zeppelin (loves "Black Dog") and the Eagles, too. Nothing is cuter than hearing them sing, "You make a grown man cry...." and clapping their dirty little hands in the backseat.

Still fighting Crohn's disease. It's a bitch. Thank God for Percocet, you know?

I've been reading A LOT lately (when I can manage to stay awake). Don't go expecting any reviews, though. I'm not feeling that productive. Here's a list of what I can remember reading since my last update:
  • Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides
  • Picture Perfect and Handle With Care and Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
  • Where or When and The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve
  • The Outcasts of 19 Schuyler Place by E.L. Konigsburg
  • Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz
  • Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
  • Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (halfway finished)
I'm going to Chicago next week with 40+ eighth graders, a handful of other teachers, and some interested parents. Should be outstanding.

Lots of interesting, painful stuff has transpired at work, but I don't feel that I can publish those details for the two of you to read. Let's just say, one administrator thinks I'm a total sham, another (higher ranking) doesn't agree. I had a brush with the pink slip, but it appears that I am safe for a while longer. The specific details of my future are uncertain, but I am relatively sure that I will be employed next year.

That about catches things up. Sad, isn't it? My life can be summarized in a few bare bones paragraphs. I'll try to do better, dear reader. I promise!

Comments

Popular Posts