Still alive....

Wow. I knew it had been a while since I last blogged, but, man....two and a half months? Time flies when you are stuck in the bowels of hell....I mean, teaching seventh grade language arts at the end of the school year. Yep, I was "the closer" again this year. I took over a class for yet another teacher (because this public info, I'll keep all editorial comments to myself). To top that off, I have been sick literally all of the months of May and June. Thankfully, I am starting to regain some normality.

Other updates? Well, I will turn 30 on Sunday, if I can make it! No real plans...John and I are going to Chicago at the end of next week and my request is serious shopping money. In other news, Audrey saw a pediatric opthamologist today and was diagnosed with amblyopia, a condition that will require her to wear glasses for the rest of her life. Big fun for a two year old whom I can't quite convince to use the potty with any regularity. Should be interesting. Also, John's car has died. We're in search of a new(er) one. Who knows what we'll end up with.

I've been reading a lot lately. Jennifer Weiner (Good in Bed) is my new favorite author, and I've loved a couple of books by Anita Shreve (Sea Glass and The Pilot's Wife). I loved Jodi Piccoult's My Sister's Keeper so much, I've read several others by her, but I wasn't as psyched about them. Tomorrow, I am taking the kiddos to the library, so I'll probably get a whole new stack of goodies. (Sidebar: I bought a new stroller this weekend and now I can take the boys and Audrey out...we even went to Wal-Mart all by ourselves today. God bless the Peg Perego Aria Twin!)

Okay, that was all a tad random, but that's pretty much how I operate these days. Let's hope I can find it within myself to write again before school starts!

Comments

Megan said…
YEAAHHHH!!! I am so glad to see you back at it, girlfriend! We should do something really soon! A girl's night or something. I am now done with KRP (thank goodness!). So, I am available. :)

Popular Posts