Audrey reviews MATCHED by Ally Condie

Matched by Ally Condie
*I read this book in early August and am just now getting time to write the review!*

Matched is a romantic dystopia, based on the concept of everyone being matched with their soulmates by the government. The system is supposed to work perfectly, except in Cassia’s case. She was matched with her closest childhood friend, and someone who’s always been in the background of her life.

I thought that Matched was very predictable. Don’t get me wrong, I liked parts of it, but the predictability ruined the effect. Cassia was kind of a flighty character and she ruined a lot of her opportunities. The society also seemed really forced. But I did like it when she took initiative and spoke to Ky, and when she started to realize what her society was really like. All in all, I would give this three stars. Matched was a little unoriginal and kind of sad for the characters. I might read the other books in the series if I get in a reading lull, but I won’t be reading them soon.

Comments

Popular Posts