Audrey Reviews FAHRENHEIT 451 by Ray Bradbury

Guy Montag is a fireman in his anti-book society. Since all of the houses are fireproof, firemen burn books. Montag comes to the realization that what he is doing is wrong, and decides to start defying the norm of society. Fahrenheit 451 is one of the best dystopian books I’ve ever read. While I wasn’t the biggest fan of the ending, the rest of the book was excellent. I particularly enjoyed the book burning aspect of it. I am not a fan of censorship, so when Montag rebelled against his society, I loved it. The ending wasn’t satisfying for me. The men in the forest just seem to come out of nowhere and they just kind of derailed the story. This book was totally worth five stars, including the ending. Bradbury gave the society scarily realistic futuristic aspects and a general topic for people to think about.

Comments

Popular Posts