Audrey Reviews The Summer I Turned Pretty Series


I recently read Jenny Han’s To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series and I loved it, so I decided to read her The Summer I Turned Pretty series. As much as I loved the first series, the second was a complete let down. The Summer I Turned Pretty was the first book in the series about Belly Conklin and her struggles with love. The second book, It’s Not Summer Without You, takes place a year later and follows Belly and her first summer not in Cousins. The last book, We’ll Always Have Summer, takes place at the end of her freshman year in college and shows Belly go through another summer and a lot of drama. For me, this series was very disappointing. Belly was a messy character and she seemed to get herself into unnecessary trouble. Conrad was one of the only characters I saw actual character development in. Belly’s inability to think about others was just sad. I gave this series three stars, but I was feeling generous so it’s probably more of two and a half star average. I wouldn’t recommend this series to anyone.

Comments

Popular Posts